Major components include an air-cooled rotary screw compressor, the latest emissions-compliant diesel engine, and the proven ACE air regulating system. Standard features include dual mode operation, automatic throttle roll-back and an easy access canopy mounted on a rugged, galvanized steel chassis. These components and features combine to produce the most versatile and cost efficient air start units on the market today.
The TLD ASU-600 180-300 PPM Series Aircraft Jet Engine Air Start Units come in 8 configurations:
ASU-600-180-DD: 180 ppm, Detroit diesel engine
ASU-600-180-DU: 180 ppm, Deutz diesel engine
ASU-600-200-DD: 200 ppm, Detroit diesel engine
ASU-600-200-DU: 200 ppm, Deutz diesel engine
ASU-600-270-DD: 270 ppm, Detroit diesel engine
ASU-600-270-DU: 270 ppm, Deutz diesel engine
ASU-600-300-DD: 300 ppm, Detroit diesel engine
ASU-600-300-DU: 300 ppm, Deutz diesel engine
- “Oil-free dry-screw” rotary compressor. Precision cutting of compressor rotors eliminates the need for teflon or other coatings, which can fail due to differential expansion between rotors and casing.
- Integral oil cooler and fan
- Double seals and ventilated intermediate chambers prevent oil contamination of rotors.
- Easy to operate, with engine / compressor instrumentation on control panel.
- Torsional isolation between male compressor rotor and built-in multiplying gearbox.
- Warm up and Cool down Systems
- Fault annunciation system
- Fully Galvanized Frame and powder-coated panels for unprecedented corrosion resistance
- Integrated housing, bolts directly to engine flywheel eliminating alignment problems.
- Automatic throttle roll-back system, to decrease engine speed when full output is not required, reducing noise and fuel consumption.
- Two-mode operation - Air packs and jet start modes have independently adjustable supply pressures.
- Aircraft safety systems – designed to protect from overpressure or loss of pressure during starting procedures.
- Safety systems, designed to protect the unit from damage due to high temperature or a loss of oil pressure.
- Normal compressor overhaul at 25,000 operating hours.
- Wide doors allow unhampered access to all components for ease of routine maintenance.
- Outlet air temperature of 390°F (200°C) assures quick starts.
- Two each 3-1/2” I.D. outlets provided
- Properly rated chassis cab or fifth wheel steering trailer – highly maneuverable in congested airport environments.
- Tie down and Lifting rings.
- Fuel filter / water separator with heater
- Hush kit
- Low fuel warning system with flashing or rotating beacon, red or amber
- Low fuel warning and shutdown system with flashing or rotating beacon, red or amber
- Warning beacon, flashing, non- flashing or rotating, red or amber
- Engine block heater, 120 or 240 VAC
- Engine cool down timer
- Electronic ether start (Detroit engines only)
- Plastic rub rails